Tuesday

Singapore-working-Malaysians who I see no contrite in them

Must be Malay? NO! Look at the reflection, it might just be a Sri Lankan or Bangladesh.

Petrol kiosks in Johor Bahru now set ad hoc rates to discriminate between Malaysian cars and non-Malaysian cars.

The interviewee on Channel 8(Singapore television channel) this morning was complaining, "Even though I work in Singapore, I am still a Malaysian and I spend in Malaysia, I don't understand why is the government taking away the subsidy from me." Another was as implausible, "I wish they could identify the price we need to pay according to identity card instead of car plate."

They should be again admonished that they pay Singaporean road tax and Singapore government tax (assuming there is little reason to drive a Singaporean car and work in Malaysia). They owe no obligation to spend any amount in Malaysia but instead they ought to repay Singapore government taxes.

This makes their status nothing different from tourists, no contribution to the government but only spending according to their own will, in my opinion they do not deserve the subsidy at all. By the same token, you don't ask your neighbors to pay for your food especially after you decided who to pay part of earning. This is not unseen, try pumping petrol in Brunei and ask should there be no regulations for Malaysian cars.

Or maybe the video about Singaporeans humping on their own Honda just to pump few more ounces of petrol was too widespread?

No comments: