Sunday

Last lecture

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

It is a talk meant for people who are about to have lives ended, which made Randy one of them. Randy's doctor told him he could only live healthily for 3-6 months as he have tumours in liver. He is so positive and I could not believe he is ill. It is a youtube video for ONE hour but it was not boring at all. oh wait, none of you knew people would clap any longer than 3 minutes for a talk? Now you do... And here are some quotes...

It is such a shame that people perceive you so arrogant because it is going to limit what you are going to accomplish in life.

Experience is what you get, when don't get what you wanted.

When you get angry at some people, maybe you just have not given them enough time.

Your critics are those who tell you they love you with care.

When you screw up and nobody is there to tell you that, it is the worst place to be.

Become a professor, because you are such a good salesman that you might as well be selling something worthwhile, like education.

Brick walls are there for a reason, to stop those who don't want it badly.

I don't know how to not have fun. I am dying and I am having fun. I am going to keep having fun for the days I have left.

"What can you do professor Randy."
"I err.... have been 10 years of computer science professor."
"Thats not what I asked, I asked what can you do"

Look, if you retire, it is not worth living anymore.

When it comes to men romantically interested in you, just ignore everything they say, and see what they do.

It is really cool to meet your childhood hero but it is even cooler when your childhood hero is here to look at what cool things you are doing.

No comments: